Ms. Yue Cao, Esq. has broad knowledge and extensive experience in wide ranging corporate practice with an emphasis on representing domestic and international companies in their fund raising through public and private equity or debt financing and cross border mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance initiatives in the United States. She has counseled companies in diverse industries such as agriculture, digital media, biotech, medicine, mining, manufacturing, retail and wholesale.
Ms. Cao has advised domestic and international clients on complex transactional matters, including initial public offerings (IPO) and private placements, reverse mergers, NYSE and NASDAQ initial listings and listing transfers, going dark and going private transactions, public company compliance work (SEC filings and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance), and internal investigations and correspondences with the SEC, FINRA, NYSE, NASDAQ, and other major government agencies.
Ms. Cao is also familiar with common legal issues faced by U.S. publicly listed Chinese companies, including slow walk and VIE structure.
Before joining Wilson Bradshaw & Cao, Ms. Cao served as a partner at Eaton & Van Winkle LLP (New York), special counsel for China practice at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (New York) and associate at DLA Piper LLP (New York).
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China (A.B.); Cornell University School of Law, U.S.A (LL.M.).
- A distributor and wholesaler of imported electrolytic copper plate and copper scrap based in Tianjin, China, going public through self-filing of S-1 registration statement with a concurrent PIPE financing of $60 million equity;
- Reverse merger transaction of a traditional Chinese herbal company to an OTCBB shell with a concurrent PIPE financing of $12.5 million convertible notes and warrants;
- Reverse merger transaction of a significant Chinese feed additive company to an OTCBB shell with a concurrent PIPE financing of $7.6 million convertible notes and warrants;
- Reverse merger transaction of a significant retailer and wholesaler of consumer electronics and appliances to rural market in China to an OTCBB shell with a concurrent PIPE financing of $5 million equity;
- An agricultural and forestry company engaged in the breeding, cloning and sale of plant seedlings in China, going public through self-filing of S-1 registration statement;
- 34 Act compliance and general corporate work for several U.S. listed Chinese companies in various industries, including manufacturer and licensor of waste recycling processing equipment and technology, R&D, manufacturer and distributor of high-tech mobile communication and digital appliances, and deep processing company for agricultural food and beverages;
- A global biopharmaceutical company in the sale of its Egyptian business for US$210 million;
- A New York Hospital as debtor in the sale of assets for US$ 44.9 million under Chapter 11 proceedings;
- Representation of global and innovative pharmaceutical company, in sourcing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for some key products from China and establishment of its holding companies in China;
- Advised a beauty product manufacturer on registration requirements and procedures for importation into China of finished and semi-finished cosmetic products and import duties and other levied taxes.
- Advising Fortune 500 U.S. companies on foreign investment in the pharmaceuticals, entertainment, education, textile and chemical industries in China, and advising international financial lenders in multimillion-dollar loans to project financings in paper, coking and chemical industries in China;
Admitted to practice in New York
LECTURES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Interviewed by Xinhua News Agency North America, Analysis of rebound of U.S.-listed Chinese stocks and more IPOs (August 2013);
- Reported by Market Update, Dealflow Report, Reverse Merger Pace Jumps in November (December, 2012);
- Speaker, The Outlook Of Legal and Accounting Issues For Chinese Companies, China Investment Group, New York (August, 2011)
- New York City Bar Association
- China Investment Group, New York
- Chinese Business Lawyers Association, New York